THE FOLLOWING HYGIENE RULES SHALL BE complied with when visiting the temple/nokotsudo/social hall/office for any reason:
- Sanitize or wash your hands with soap when entering and exiting the facilities. (Sanitizer found at entrance).
- Maintain six (6) feet of physical distancing.
- Wear face mask/face covering at all times.
- Items used by multiple people shall not be permitted, e.g., Service Books, Gatha Books, incense containers, shared nenju, etc.
- Temperatures will be checked with a non-contact thermometer at the temple entrance.
- If you feel sick, stay at home!
- We strongly recommend that individuals bring their own hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes for personal use.
- Wailuku Hongwanji Buddhist Temple strongly recommends that High-Risk* populations and kupuna continue to stay at home.
*The Center for Disease Control (CDC) defines highrisk populations as people 65 years and older, living in a nursing home or long-term care facility, with chronic lung disease, severe asthma, serious heart conditions, who are immune compromised, who have severe obesity, diabetes, chronic kidney disease, or liver disease.
Read more ...